Camões - Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua - Portugal
The Camões, IP is a public institute, integrated in the indirect administration of the State, endowed with administrative autonomy, financial and its own patrimony.
- Propose and execute the Portuguese cooperation policy;
- Coordinate the cooperation activities carried out by other public entities;
- Propose and implement the policy of teaching and disseminating the Portuguese language and culture abroad;
- Ensure the management of the Portuguese educational network abroad, at the basic, secondary and higher levels;
- Support the placement of local teachers through partnerships with higher education institutions and international organizations;
- To promote the internationalization of Portuguese culture.
The Camões, IP aims to be a reference body in the coordination and articulation of the government's foreign policy in the areas of international cooperation , promoting language and Portuguese culture as areas increasingly understood by states as projection instruments of its influence and defend their interests.
At the organizational level, the main objective is to modernize services based on management by objectives and results and from a collaborative culture and sharing of values.See more