Cellule Infrastructures (CI) (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
The Cellule Infrastructures (CI) is a technical body of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Works, with administrative and financial autonomy. It is the first implementing agency within a sectoral ministry since the resumption of structural cooperation between the donors and the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2001.
It was created in 2004 by ministerial decree n ° CAB / TPI / 024 / MN / FK03 / 2004 of 07/10/2004 on the initiative of the Government of the DRC, the European Commission and the World Bank.
The general mandate of the CI is sectoral coordination and institutional support to MITP mainly in its role as project owner .
The CI therefore provides advisory services to MITP in the design, implementation and monitoring of investments in the infrastructure sector. In this capacity, it intervenes mainly as:
- Delegated client for infrastructure projects financed by traditional partners;
- Representative of the contracting authority;
- Leveraging and reintegrating MITP's permanent public structures of the previously outsourced infrastructure projects;
- Interface and coordination with bilateral and multilateral partners.
Given the transversal character of the infrastructures, the Cellule Infrastructures (CI) operates in partnership with several structures and entities of the Democratic Republic of Congo, in particular:
- The Office des Routes (OR);
- The Office of Highways and Drainage (OVD);
- The Bureau d'Etude et d'Armement Urbain (BEAU);
- The Technical Control Bureau (BTC);
- Transport Study Group (GET);
- The Congo Environment Study Group (CEGEP);
- The Technical Committee for Reforms (CTR) of the Ministry of Finance;
- The Infrastructure Department of the Ministry of Planning;
- The Directorate of Agricultural Roads (DVDA);
- The Congolese Major Works Agency (ACGT);
- The Project Coordination Unit (UCOP);
- The Office for the Coordination of Infrastructure Markets (BCMI).See more