• Organization TypeGovernment
  • HeadquartersMauritius
  • Founded1952

Central Electricity Board (CEB) - Mauritius

About The Central Electricity Board (CEB) is a parastatal body wholly owned by the Government of Mauritius and operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities. Established in 1952 and empowered by the Central Electricity Board Act 1963, the CEB's business is to "prepare and carry out development schemes with the general object of promoting, coordinating and improving the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity" in Mauritius. The CEB produces around 40% of the country's total power requirements from its 4 thermal power station and 10 hydroelectric plants; the remaining 60% being purchased from Independent Power Producers. Currently, the CEB is the sole organisation responsible for the transmission, distribution and supply of electricity to the population. It employs around 2,200 people. Vision To become a world-class commercial electricity utility, enabling the social and economic development of the region. Mission CEB meets the expectations of their customers and stakeholders by: • Delivering prompt and efficient customer services • Developing our employees and providing them with incentives • Providing an affordable, safe, and reliable electricity supply • Undertaking our business in an environmentally responsible manner • Being the preferred employer in the region
See more

Company Offices

  • Mauritius (headquarters)
  • Rue du Savoir