Cesky Cerveny Kriz (Czech Red Cross)
The Czech Red Cross (ČČK) is a humanitarian company operating throughout the Czech Republic; exists by law. It is a state-recognized Red Cross National Society within the meaning of international law; from the point of view of national law it is an association .The Red Cross is part of the International Red Cross and follows the Basic Principles of the Red Cross .
The Czech Red Cross was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross on August 26, 1993 and was accepted as a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent on October 25, 1993.
The CRC performs in particular the following tasks:
- operates in the field of civil defense and civil protection and provides assistance in the event of disasters and other emergencies;
- provides medical, rescue, social and other humanitarian services;
- acts as an exclusively recognized auxiliary organization of the military medical service;
- disseminates knowledge of the Geneva Conventions;
- operates in the field of health education and cooperates with health care providers.See more