Charlie Goldsmith Associates Ltd was built on the experience of the same team at Booz & Company, who worked together in (then) Southern Sudan from 2006. In July 2011, they said goodbye to their friends at Booz, and became an independent company. Their first assignments included finishing what they had started together in South Sudan, and they doubled in size in their first three years. They now have fifty staff working on projects in up to eleven countries.
Their characterThey try
- To work hard and fast
- To have an enabling approach to security
- To put out a team of bright, often young, and always characterful generalists, and adventurous IT specialists
- To work as an integrated team with their government counterparts
- To write elegantly, or at least engagingly
- To learn the language, get to know the culture, employ local and international colleagues on equal terms, and try to be decent corporate citizens
- To reinvest a decent proportion of their earnings in charitable works in the places where they work, particularly in education infrastructure
They work mostly in the basic services sectors, and in cross-government practical PFM systems and reforms.
They invest in building the long-term capacity of our government colleagues over the long term, and provide practical on-the-job implementation support. They have a strong in-house programming and technology team.
Some of their work is donor-funded, some funded directly by the governments it helps.
- Human Resources
- Attendance Management
- Mobiles for Development
- Cash Transfers and Mobile Money
- Practical Public Financial Management
- Decentralising Resources
- Management Information Systems
- Post-Conflict and Post-Crisis
- Pay and Grading