China Mobile Communications Group Co. Ltd.
China Mobile Limited (the "Company", and together with its subsidiaries, the "Group") was incorporated in Hong Kong on 3 September 1997. The Company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") and The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited ("HKEX" or the "Stock Exchange") on 22 October 1997 and 23 October 1997, respectively. The Company was admitted as a constituent stock of the Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong on 27 January 1998.
As the leading telecommunications services provider in Mainland China, the Group provides full communications services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities throughout Mainland China and in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and boasts a world-class telecommunications operator with the world's largest network and customer base, a leading position in profitability and market value ranking. Its businesses primarily consist of mobile voice and data business, wireline broadband and other information and communications services. As of 31 December 2018, the Group had a total of 459,152 employees, and a total connection of 1.633 billion, with its annual revenue totalling RMB736.8 billion.
The Company's ultimate controlling shareholder is China Mobile Communications Group Co., Ltd. (formerly known as China Mobile Communications Corporation, "CMCC"), which, as of 31 December 2018, indirectly held approximately 72.72% of the total number of issued shares of the Company. The remaining approximately 27.28% was held by public investors.
In 2018, the Company was once again selected as one of "The World's 2,000 Biggest Public Companies" by Forbes magazine and Fortune Global 500 (100) by Fortune magazine, and recognized for three consecutive years in the global carbon disclosure project CDP's 2018 Climate A List as the first and only company from Mainland China. The China Mobile brand was once again listed in BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands by Millward Brown ranking 21 in 2018. Currently, the Company's corporate credit ratings are equivalent to China's sovereign credit ratings, namely, A+/Outlook Stable from Standard & Poor's and A1/Outlook Stable from Moody's.See more