• Organization TypeInstitute
  • HeadquartersBangladesh
  • Founded1957

Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH)

Chittagong Medical College Hospital was established in the year 1957 and started functioning at Anderkhilla general Hospital,Chittagong.It started functioning in the present site in 1960 with only 120 beds and few outpatient services.Later it upgraded to 500 beds in 1969,750 in 1996 and 1010 in 2001.Administrative approval for 1313 beds in 2013 from MOHFW. At the beginning of the hospital,there are only two departments ,Surgery and Gynecology and Obstetrics.The General Hospital at that time used to serve as the department of Medicine and allied specialties till 1969.This has become now one of the largest hospital in the country and referral hospital(Tertiary level 3) in greater Chittagong. area. The present six storied hospital building was completed in 1969 and renovated under ADB project in 1998 which now accommodates all the clinical departments and sub specialties.At present CMCH serve the area of nearly 50000 sq-km and provide health care services to a larger population of 40 million. As years passed by, new treatment facilities kept being added and at present a Nuclear Medicine Centre for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes, a Coronary care unit, an endoscopy Unit, a kidney dialyzing unit, a Model Family Planning Centre, a Centre for Extended Program for Immunisation (EPI) are among the many facilities available to the in- and outpatients.
See more

Company Offices

  • Bangladesh (headquarters)
  • Chittagong
  • 57, K.B. FAZLUL KADER ROAD, P.S- PANCHLAISH,