Chittagong University Of Engineering & Technology abbreviated as CUET, is one of the prominent and prestigious degree awarding institute in the engineering education of Bangladesh. This University was created out of Engineering College, Chittagong, that was established in 1968. The Engineering College, Chittagong, functioned as the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Chittagong. Though a Government Ordinance in 1986 the college was converted into an institution (BIT, Chittagong).
The mission of CUET is to educate students in the field of engineering and applied sciences and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge that will best serve the nation and the world as well.
The university is committed to establish itself as a center of excellence in creating and disseminating knowledge, and to share the knowledge wlth others for betterment of the mankind.
- Offering quality education in the field of engineering and applied sciences.
- Fostering the best professional competence by integrating teaching and research with the real-mid problems.
- Developing international standard curricula and laboratories.
- Developing and conducting courses appropriate to the local requirement aimed at continuing professional
- Developing close collaboration with industries and to undertake consultancy projects.
- Establishing academic and research links with other universities/institutions/organizations both in and
out of Bangladesh.
- Anticipating the technological needs for Bangladesh and to contribute to the overall national development.
- Developing the ability and passion in each member of the CUET family to best serve the humanity.
- Ensuring close co-operatlon with the CUET alumni for further development of the university.
Where is Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET)