Founded in 1998 by three Albanian engineers, their company brings two decades of experience in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Positioned as an ICT integrator and software development company, Communication Progress aims to consistently, enable access to the most advanced tech solutions, based on two fundamental principles, quality and support for innovation.
Currently, the company employs 60+ talented professionals and has adopted an effective and viable management organizational approach. Their people and the rich portfolio of services and competencies give them the ability to provide turnkey solutions to businesses and organizations of any type and size.
Consulting and Implementation Service Areas:
Software: Enterprise and Governmental Solutions; Portals and Webpages; Electronic Archiving System, Desktop and Web GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Solutions; Cross Platform Integration; Custom-development
Communication Infrastructures: The full range of products and services for Voice, Data and Video communication
IT Infrastructure: Cost effective and high performance solutions for IT Infrastructure, Server Rooms, Technology Facilities
Interactive and Electronic Education: Interactive Whiteboards, Distance Learning platforms, Audio Visual Conferencing
Key Success Factors:
– Two decades of local, regional and further international experience;
– Potential and capacity to support an ICT system in its entirety, from the infrastructure to the business apps;
– Flexibility in the technologies used in their solutions;
– Expertise in building/adapting/localizing ICT systems, based on local and international standards;
– Methodology and standards in project execution, which guarantee quality in delivery;
– Added value partnerships in the field of implementation;
– Technical, financial and organizational capacities that ensure business steadiness.
Objectives, and the strategies to achieve them:
-Customer loyalty, in return to quality and added value service
-Growth, built upon their capacity and competency
-Profit, at levels that allow them to achieve corporate objectives and bring value to shareholders
-Return on investment, with the most intensive and consistent of that investment, being staff and company competencies
-Market leadership, by developing and delivering innovative products, solutions and services
-Diversification, by exploiting profitable markets, and spreading risk in different markets
-Commitment to employees, by promoting, rewarding (performance-based) and creating a work environment that reflects their values
-Corporate image and reputation, by operating responsibly, qualitatively and ethically
-Social responsibility (CSR), by partnering with academia, hosting internships and organizing developmental programs for higher education, high-school students.
Social Responsibilities of Communication Progress (CP)
Communication Progress Ltd. is attentive to the impact its organizational activities have in the environment it operates in. To accomplish responsibly its community obligations, the company focuses in understanding, evaluating and improving the balance between work undertaken and ethical work practices. To positively influence this balance, the company considers four aspects:
1- Community Aspect
-Considers staff as the most important asset in the company
A safe, fair and supportive working environment is critical for having a productive and motivated workforce. For this reason, the company engages in a fair and effective management of human resources. Communication Progress:
1. Guaranties health, safety and wellbeing at work: certified as per Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – OHSAS 18001
2. Avoids discrimination and encourages diversity: offers equal opportunities for staff development; provides working conditions with no difference or discrimination and in conformity with the legislation in power
3. Invests in employee development: offers an open, competitive and standardized recruitment process; supports the employee integration during its professional cycle in company, e.g., trainings; evaluates job performance based on merit; promotes based on performance.
-Helps in educating young generations:
Summer program “Young Managers Club” :
As of 2013, the company organizes a program of interactive communication with youngsters of 12 -18 years of age. The program introduces real life aspects of entrepreneurship and innovation, with the aim of encouraging creativity in the developing generation. Elements of the program, such as: information, visits in live working environments, interactive communication or the practicing of the covered concepts, have been designed in a way that they facilitate and make more natural the youth transition from the academic to the labor world, in the future.
Partnering with Academia:
This initiative is made possible thanks to collaborations with ministries, dependency institutions, career offices at Universities and Vocational Educational and Training (VET) Public and Private institutions, ProTIK Resource Center, etc. and consists in:
1. Lecturing: teaching specific ICT topics in Universities and Professional Schools;
2. Internships: enrolling students in on-premise internships; enrolling them in tests for vacant positions;
3. Curricula: suggesting to stakeholders, changes that aim to approximate educational curricula with the need of the ICT sector, thus optimization between market need (DEMAND) and the graduate skill-set upon graduation (SUPPLY).
Recently, in recognition for initiatives in field, Communication Progress has been invited to voluntary help in directing one of the Vocational Education and Training Schools, profile “Software”, “Hermann Gmeiner”, SOS. The contribution of CP in the initiative consists in:
1. Adapting the curriculum to the needs and expectations of the Albanian ICT market;
2. Planning and implementation of resources, infrastructure and logistics required for learning practices of international standards;
3. Generating graduates with high technical and organizational skills, which allow them for a productive and immediate employment upon graduation.
2- Environmental Aspect
-Uses responsibly of energy, paper and other scarce resources
-Manages and recycles waste of electrical and electronic equipment
-Participates in and supports environmental projects
3- Economic Aspect
-Allows for transparency through economic, social and environmental reporting
-Commits to fair competition
-Protects intellectual property rights
-Provides safe and high quality products /services
4- Global Aspect
-Increases awareness of stakeholders on social and environmental topics
-Respects human rights
-Commits itself in poverty reduction
Where is Communication Progress