Founded in October 1963, the Guinea Bauxite Company (Compagnie des Bauxites de Guinée, CBG) is the largest bauxite producing company in Guinea and one of the largest in the world. It is 49% owned by the Guinean government and 51% owned by Halco Mining Inc, a consortium comprised of Alcoa, Rio Tinto-Alcan and Dadco Investments. CBG aims to explore and exploit the Sangarédi plateau in the Boké region. It currently operates open pit mines in Sangarédi, Bidikoum, Silidara and N’Dangara.
Extract, Process, Deliver Bauxite at any point of the Globe, in the conditions agreed with the Customers in terms of: Quality - Volume - Deadline - Price, in accordance with the requirements of Health-Safety-Environment, while contributing to sustainable development Communities.
As of the end of 2013, CBG must be the best performing Bauxite company in the world in terms of: Customer Preference - Competitiveness - Attractiveness - Ethics - Health / Safety / Environment - Profitability.
- Health - Safety - Environment : Continue efforts to actively protect and restore the Environment while maintaining the physical integrity of personnel and property.
- Integrity: Development of the sense of ethics, duty, and sense of belonging to the Company among all Employees.
- Ethics: Zero discrimination, Zero harassment, Respect for diversities.
- Total Customer Satisfaction: "The Customer is King" Loyalty of current Customers and Attraction of new Customers through the constant concern to meet their expectations and even exceed them.
- The employee is the engine of the system .
- Responsibility: Responsible Company fully assuming its social role by contributing and actively participating in the sustainable development of Local Communities.
- Continuous Creation of Value for:
- The employees
- Suppliers and
- The communities.