DSU was founded in 1881 as a school for teacher education in the Dakota Territory. Today, they are one of the most technologically-advanced campuses in the Midwest. A public university, they are governed by the South Dakota System Board of Regents and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
They specialize in computer management, computer information systems, and other related undergraduate and graduate programs. They stay true to their roots by placing special emphasis on the preparation of teachers with expertise in the use of computer technology in the teaching and learning process. They have more than 35 majors to choose from, plus a robust graduate program.
DSU provides learning that integrates technology and innovation to develop graduates ready to contribute to local, national, and global prosperity.
Building upon its distinctive mission, DSU will become:
- The university of choice for those seeking a student-centered institution that offers innovative programs grounded in teaching, research, technology, scholarship, and service excellence.
- An academic community that serves as an economic engine in local, national, and global markets.
- A campus recognized for its achievements in continuous quality improvement.
- Student success.
- University-wide Excellence.
- Distinction in Teaching, Scholarship, and Service.
- Academic Freedom and Integrity.
- Diversity, Respect, and Inclusion.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Community, Collaboration, and Communication.
- Technology and Innovation inside and outside the classroom.
Where is Dakota State University (DSU)