Department Of Treasury (Papua New Guinea)
Corporate Plan 2012-2015 Vision
> Improving the quality of life for Papua New Guineans by being a leading Government economic agency.
They achieve their vision by:
- delivering a fair distribution of opportunities in education, health and income earning to all Papua New Guineans;
- providing sound, timely and influential economic policy advice and management of the economy based on informed decision making; and
- taking a long term whole of government approach.
Themes - Key Focus Areas
- Time for Change - Taim Bilong Senis - Senisi Negana
- Leading the Way - Soim Rot - Dala baha dibaia
- Encouraging Effort - Sapotim Wok - Baha goadadia
- Working Together - Wok Wantaim - Gaukara Hebou
- Undertake research and provide advice to the Government on economic issues.
- Provide advice to Government on financial issues that arise from the National Budget.
- Prepare and monitor the National Budget.
- Provide policy advice to the Government on the finance and resource management of National Government Departments, Provincial and Local Level Government and state owned enterprises.
- Consistent with the above objectives, the functions of the Department are categorised and summarised under their own Divisions. Together, they form an integral package of work which essentially supports the achievement of government development aims for which it has a support responsibility.
The six (6) Divisions are as listed. Click to view the functions and structure of each Division:
- Economic Policy Division
- Structural Policy and Investments Division
- Financial Evaluation Division
- Financial Inspections Services Division
- Budget Division
- Corporate Services DivisionSee more