Developing Countries Vaccine Manufactures Network (DCVMN) International
The Developing Countries Vaccine Manufactures Network (DCVMN) was established in the year 2000, sharing the vision of protecting all people against known and emerging infectious diseases, with the mission of increasing the quality and availability of vaccines affordable to all. DCVMN is a public health driven, international alliance of manufacturers, working to strengthen vaccine manufacturers through the provision of information and professional training programs, technology improvements, innovative vaccine research and development, encouraging technology transfer initiatives, and educating the public about the availability of safe, effective and affordable vaccines for all people.Over the years the network grew reaching out today to include 44 vaccine manufacturers, in 16 countries and territories, producing and supplying over 40 different types of vaccines, in several presentations and using a variety of technology platforms totaling around 200 products. From those nearly 40 are prequalified by WHO.
The Objectives of the Network are as follows:
To provide a consistent and sustainable supply of quality vaccines at an affordable price to developing countries
The following are the ancillary objectives and goals:
- To form a voluntary public health driven alliance of vaccine manufactures from developing countries
- To strive for an International recognition such that developing country vaccine manufactures have an essential role in assuring the availability of quality vaccines for national immunization programs
- To encourage continuation of Research and Development efforts to meet the emerging vaccine needs in the developing world.
- Foster the development of members of the network to attain the status of WHO pre-qualification
- Foster collaboration and communication amongst members of the network and actively participate in the international vaccine community to accomplish network specified goal.See more