They are a global development NGO with over 25 years’ experience acting in defense of children and their rights, and especially the right to an equitable and quality education. They develop social projects in Spain, Africa, America and Asia through which more than 550,000 children and 150,000 adults participate in promoting just and equitable societies that guarantee their rights and wellbeing. They envision a world where all children fully enjoy their rights and lead a life of dignity. They are members of ChildFund Alliance, one of the foremost international networks of NGOS working in favor of child protection on five continents.
Mission and Values
Their mission and values define them as an organization and guide all of their actions.
All of their actions are based on four interdependent pillars—mission, vision, values and principles—, each of which serves a distinct function:
- The Mission explains their identity and commitment, and with whom and for whom they work.
- The Vision refers to the ideal world they would like to live in.
- The Values are guiding principles that inspire their Mission and help them to interpret it.
- The Principles are operating standards that guide their actions.
They work with children and their communities to promote just and equitable societies that guarantee their rights and wellbeing.
A world where all children fully enjoy their rights and lead a life of dignity.
- Social commitment: They strive for the common good, in defense of human dignity, working together to build relationships based on fairness and solidarity between peoples, individuals and cultures.
- Equity: Their actions aim to achieve greater justice in social arrangements and to promote people’s ability to enjoy their freedom.
- Respect: They recognize and defend the richness of human diversity as an essential value for social cohesion, peace and respect for the dignity of all people.
Non-discrimination: Their work is built upon the belief that all children should have the opportunity to fulfill their rights, irrespective of their or their families’ national, ethnic or social origin, language, religion, political opinion, economic position, disability or any other status.
Participation: All of their actions guarantee and promote the right to participation of children and those who support them, in pursuit of full citizenship. They also foster a participatory culture within their organization.
Transparency: They base their work on honesty, responsibility and maximum access to information regarding the management of resources and the impact of their actions, in pursuit of the highest level social and economic accountability.
Dynamic spirit: They have the capacity to adapt and be creative in their response, seeking innovation and quality in their action.
Where is Educo