EMRI EMRI is a pioneering institute with a mission to combine clinical care, research and education in diabetes, endocrine and metabolic disease. By encouraging and supporting innovative research, the Institute aims to enhance understanding of these diseases and to accelerate the search for new treatment options and cure possibilities. Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Institute is affiliated to Tehran University of Medical Sciences and is comprised of three affiliated research institutes each of them, themselves, comprised of several research centres. Three research institutes of the EMRI are:
- Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinical Sciences Institute (inclusive of Diabetes Research Centre, Osteoporosis Research Centre, and Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Centre),
- Endocrinology and Metabolism Molecular and Cellular Sciences Institute (inclusive of Biosensor Research Centre, Metabolic Disorders, Obesity and Eating Habit Research Centre)
- Endocrinology and Metabolism Population Sciences Institute (inclusive of Chronic Disease Research Centre, Elderly Health Research Centre, and Non-communicable Diseases Research Centre).
In pursuit of its goals, the Institute:
- Provides well-equipped integrated laboratories and facilities for clinical and basic research.
- Defines teaching and research in the context of clinical service delivery and fosters the translation of research findings into clinical practice.
- Provides high-level training and job opportunities for scientists, doctors, nurses and other professionals.
- Forges links and promotes collaboration between research and clinical expertise of groups investigating a wide range of related diseases at Tehran University of Medical Sciences.
- Creates opportunities for cross-fertilisation of ideas and synergy, thereby encouraging national health initiatives.
The Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Institute comprises diverse groups of scientists, clinicians and allied health care providers in relevant fields of expertise, inclusive of clinical and basic sciences. Since its foundation in 1993 as the Diabetes Research Centre of Tehran University of Medical Sciences, EMRI scientists have been progressing towards a more collaborative approach on research and clinical projects.
Where is Endocrinology & Metabolism Research Centre (EMRI)