Established in 2011, the eviDent Foundation is committed to improving the oral and dental health of Australians through facilitating dental practices based research for better oral health.
The organization aims to do this by:
- supporting dental practice based research into dental and oral disease
- providing information about dental and oral disease, their prevention and control, to sufferers, health professionals and the general public
- developing or providing relevant aids and equipment to suffers of dental and oral disease
- conducting and promoting scientific research about how to detect, prevent or treat dental and oral disease
- training health professionals to conduct scientific research about dental and oral disease
- evaluating health programs and processes to prevent or control dental and oral disease
- training health professionals and carers in methods of controlling dental and oral disease
- developing and implementing co-operative and cross-disciplinary approaches to the treatment and prevention of dental and oral disease
- seeking funds from grant-giving bodies, trusts, foundations, corporate sponsors, members of the dental community and public
- doing all other lawful things that are incidental or conducive to achieving its object.