Faith to Action Network is a global interfaith Network of faith organizations committed to improve family health and wellbeing. The Network promotes dialogue, builds the technical and financial capacity of faith organizations and religious institutions and facilitates sustained joint advocacy and programming in support of family health and wellbeing. It supports families to have increased access to information and quality services on family planning and reproductive health consistent with their faith.
The Network has members of diverse geographical reach and faiths, a functional secretariat, currently hosted by DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung) in Nairobi, Steering Council and Advisory Council. It also has over 250 organizations that have endorsed the Interfaith Declaration referenced as evidence of support by faiths organisations for family health and wellbeing. The Network promotes tolerance and respect of diverse faiths and values.
Available, affordable and accessible quality services on family health and wellbeing for all.
To mobilize faith organizations support for integration and streamlining of policies, services and funding for family health and wellbeing.
The Faith to Action Network’s mandate is two fold:
- Advocate for family health and wellbeing inclusion in resource allocation, policies and increased visibility in agenda settings.
- Advocate for provision of a wide range of quality sexual reproductive health services within faith organisation health facilities and for religious leaders to take a proactive role in sensitisation of congregation on SRH.
- Engage leaders of faith organisations in dialogue and mutual learning on shared values, goals and common messages for family health and wellbeing.
- Advocate for integration and mainstreaming of family health and wellbeing in funding, policies and programming within governments and donors.
- Serve as a multifaith platform to advocate for family health and wellbeing in collaboration with key stakeholders at global, regional, national and local levels.
- Increase awareness on the role of faith organisations, interfaith commitment and collaboration in support of family health and wellbeing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Improve understanding of scientific and/or faith based evidence for family health and wellbeing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Mobilise sustained resources for family health and wellbeing for the Network.
- Advocacy & Communication
- Capacity Building & Technical Support
- Networking & Coordination
- Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
Where is Faith to Action Network