fluidIT solutions provides concepts, creation and capacity building for strategic information and communication technology (ICT) projects, anywhere in the world. The founder and primary consultant, Carole St. Laurent, has implemented dozens of online projects in North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Our portfolio ranges from custom corporate systems to non-profit solutions, creative projects and capacity building. A multimedia content producer and elearning expert, Carole's passion is using digital storytelling to build empathy, collaboration, and peace.
The foundation of all successful projects is a clear concept, which incorporates present realities while striving towards a future vision. With key strengths in defining requirements and designing solutions, our prescient insights will ensure you achieve your objectives, while avoiding hidden challenges.
Their conceptual portfolio includes:
- Designing an interactive storytelling project about racism before "web 2.0" was coined (earning a Paul D. Fleck Award for Innovation in the Arts, and inclusion in the juried CyberDocs festival)
- Analysing stakeholder needs and global software to recommend how UNDP Somalia could improve financial stability in a fragile context
- Developing an innovative strategy to create and distribute stories of forgiveness and reconcilation in Rwanda
Once the concept has been developed, innumerable details must be managed to successfully implement the solution. fluidIT solutions excels at executing projects, from cutting-edge cellular-based storytelling projects, to $250 million corporate website redesigns. Experienced in programming to project management, they aptly guide staff to deliver superior results.
Their creation portfolio includes:
- Developing [murmur] Australia, adding the 12th country with a unique SMS-callback feature to the global mobile-phone based storytelling project, [murmur]
- Re-engineering a government website to reduce content updates from 41 days to 8 hours, saving multiple person-months and $25,000/year (earning a Showcase Ontario Merit Award)
- Designing an award-winning online investment application, unique in its customised portfolio recommendations and built-in fulfilment
- Managing quality assurance for World Vision International’s staff intranet, which empowers 33,000 global staff to aid children more effectively
Conceptualising and creating solutions are just the first steps. To reap the benefits of innovative projects, people must be trained to effectively use them. That's where fluidIT solutions' capacity-building expertise comes in. They've trained hundreds of people in dozens of technologies, empowering grassroots activists and Executive Directors to harness ICTs' potential for change.
Their capacity building portfolio includes:
- Designing and facilitating the first hands-on multimedia component of the Communications for Development course at Coady International Institute – the most popular course among global international development practitioners
- Offering the first video production course at a Cisco Academy in Nigeria, enabling novice camera and computer users to create their own videos in three days
- Radically redesigning how World Vision International trains global staff to share knowledge, combining just-in-time elearning, online workshops, and in-person training for maximum impact
Concepts, creation and capacity building – let fluidIT solutions guide your innovative IT projects from initial concepts to end-user adoption.
While innovative ICTs in any domain intrigue them, they are particularly excited by the power of personal stories to foster empathy, enable advocacy, and inspire change.
Their storytelling portfolio includes:
- [murmur], an international storytelling project in which listeners hear stories about their current location by cell phone
- CryRwanda, which screened Carole's visual poem, Cry, commemorating the Tutsi genocide in Rwanda
- CryPeace, their current project to share personal stories to build empathy and peace