Fluor Delivers EPC Solutions for Clients around the World.
Fluor, a FORTUNE 500® company, delivers integrated engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction (EPFC), maintenance and project management solutions to governments and private sector Clients in diverse industries around the world. Fluor develops and implements innovative solutions for complex project issues. For over a century, Clients selected Fluor as their company of choice to complete challenging projects in remote parts of the world.
Fluor's roots extend back to the turn of the 20th century, when a family of Swiss immigrants set up a construction business in the Western United States. Over time, that business evolved, from Fluor Construction Company in 1912 to the Fluor Corporation of today. Fluor has expanded its expertise across industries and around the world. Today, they are active in more than 100 countries.
From the Buddha Tower in the 1920s to the trans-Alaska Pipeline in the 1970s to the Cerro Verde Production Unit Expansion project in 2016, Fluor is at the forefront of innovation in engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and maintenance, led by visionary management and a global team of committed experts.
Fluor Designs and Builds Many of the World’s Largest and Most Challenging Capital Projects.
Fluor successfully delivers integrated engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction (EPFC), maintenance and project management solutions to Clients globally. Clients trust them as an industry leader to design and build projects safely, cost-effectively and on-schedule. Their exceptional people, broad knowledge, agility, dedication to safety and vast network of resources enable Fluor to fulfill this commitment every day.
Fluor’s more than 60,000 employees in over 100 countries work collaboratively to tailor integrated solutions for their Clients. Their integrated solutions approach spans the entire capital project life-cycle – helping to reduce costs and schedules, improve certainty of delivery and increase safety.
Fluor is a FORTUNE 500® company, ranking No. 155 of America's largest corporations in 2016.
Fluor ranked No. 1 in the Engineering & Construction Industry of the FORTUNE® Magazine “World's Most Admired Companies®” list for six years in a row, 2012-2017.
Fluor Integrated Solutions Provider Expertise
Clients depend on Fluor to address their business needs and help them increase capital efficiencies. As an integrated solutions provider, their experts work across diverse Client Markets, to offer cost-effective, innovative solutions to meet Clients’ capital project requirements. Fluor understands the complexities of today’s competitive markets, and together with their customers, designs optimal solutions to bring their quality capital projects to market safely, on schedule and within budget.
Fluor Processes and Systems Expertise
- Clients look to Fluor as an integrated solutions provider to deliver the most complex and challenging projects, anywhere in the world. Fluor’s integrated solutions span the entire capital project life cycle: engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, commissioning and start-up, maintenance and project management.
- Fluor’s award-winning knowledge management system, Knowledge OnLineSM, is accessible 24/7 to their more than 60,000 global employees, allowing their collective expertise to be shared and applied across the company.
- Fluor’s suite of comprehensive project execution tools, MasterPlant®, is used by their global project teams, ensuring consistency and quality in the delivery of projects.
Fluor Project Experience and Expertise
- Fluor’s global employees effectively execute project delivery 24/7 from their strategically placed execution centers.
- Their mega-project execution expertise has been recognized by the EPC industry with awards from organizations such as International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering, Project Management Institute and Platts Engineering.
- Fluor's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System provides efficient, reliable competitive advantages through improved HSE tracking and reduced risk.
- Fluor designs and builds some of the world’s most complex projects. Notable Fluor projects include:
1. Kearl Oil Sands – Northeast of Fort McMurray, Canada
2. Magnox Decommissioning – United Kingdom
3. Tappan Zee Hudson River Crossing – Hudson River, New York, U.S.
4. Quellaveco Open Pit Copper Mine – Moquegua, Peru
5. Biologics Facility – Covington, Georgia, U.S.
6. Strategic Petroleum Reserve – Louisiana, U.S.
Fluor Proprietary Technology Expertise
- Fluor offers Clients proprietary technologies, enhancing design and project execution. They also assist Clients in evaluating and selecting third party technology licensors.
- Clients can select from Fluor’s patented portfolio of technologies like Fluor’s Cryo-GasSM Process, Fluor’s Propane and Ethane Recovery Processes or Fluor’s World-Class Sulfur Technologies; or Clients can elect to use a specific technology that targets the Client’s unique needs such as Subsea LNG Cryogenic Pipelines, Processing Facility Configuration or Coke Drum Deheading.
- Their patented 3rd Gen Modular ExecutionSM approach significantly increases the level of achievable offsite field labor costs. In 2015, Fluor was named as an Award Finalist by the Edison AwardsTM for 3rdGen Modular Execution.
- In addition, Fluor is also the majority investor in NuScale Power, a small modular reactor technology company developing and commercializing safer, modular, scalable, economic solutions for off-the-grid nuclear power applications.