Fundacion Semillas de Vida
Since 2007 they have integrated a Civil Association of citizens convinced of the importance of food for health, so they are interested in the way food is produced.
They are concerned with the quality of the seeds that are the basis of agriculture, especially the knowledge and conservation of the races of Mexican corn and the species associated with the milpa.
They come from different fields of action and seek to join forces with civil society organizations, public institutions, producers, maize experts in Mexico and abroad, as well as scientists and academics from various areas to contribute to the healthy eating of Mexicans through sustainable agriculture.
They work in the following lines of action:
1. Spread the risks of modern food and the benefits of sustainable agriculture and healthy food.
2. Joint efforts of sectors of society, mainly academics, farmers and consumers, to restore and strengthen agrobiodiversity and the balance between agriculture and food.
3. Strengthen the experiences of production and consumption of healthy foods in the context of sustainable agriculture, which guarantees food self-sufficiency in Mexico.
4. Promote the protection of corn because Mexico is its center of origin and diversity and for being the base crop of food for its inhabitants.
5. To be a reliable reference to society, politicians and the media as a source of balanced, objective, uninteresting and informed opinion.
They are a civil association that brings together efforts of different actors from the countryside and the city to achieve the balance between sustainable agriculture and healthy food, strengthening Mexican agrobiodiversity and taking care of life from the seeds.
In 8 years to achieve a harmonious and conscious relationship of humans with nature, agriculture and food in Mexico, through the reappropriation of seeds in the hands of peasants and farmers.