HighScope is a nonprofit organization committed to improving the lives of children through early childhood education.
HighScope’s goals are to promote children’s learning and development worldwide, provide professional development for teachers and administrators, and support parents as they help children learn. To achieve these goals, HighScope engages in the following activities:
• Develops curricula, professional development programs, and assessment instruments
• Provides professional development courses for teachers, caregivers, administrators, curriculum specialists, and teacher educators
• Conducts research in education and interprets and publishes what it discovers
• Publicly supports programs and policies that benefit children
• Publishes educational books, DVDs, and other materials
While HighScope conducts research in a variety of areas, our organization is perhaps best known for its landmark Perry Preschool Study, a longitudinal study demonstrating the effectiveness of the HighScope Preschool Curriculum and the lasting effects of high-quality preschool education.
HighScope preschool programs are compatible with the Guidelines for Appropriate Practice published by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). In addition, HighScope's research-validated preschool education approach is used throughout the world, with International Institutes or Teacher Education Centers located in the United Kingdom, Indonesia, Ireland, Mexico, South Africa, the Netherlands, Chile, China, Canada, and other countries.See more