Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
HKUST – A dynamic, international research university, in relentless pursuit of excellence, leading the advance of science, technology, business and humanities, and educating the new generation of front-runners for the world. Since its official opening in October 1991, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology has established itself as an intellectual powerhouse, energizing the community’s transformation into a knowledge-based society, and securing a place on the academic world map in record-breaking time.
Founded in 1991, HKUST is an international research university with strong ties to global thought leaders, whilst having wide-ranging connections with Mainland China. It promotes interdisciplinary studies, dedicated to educating well-rounded students to acquire a strong entrepreneurial spirit and innovative thinking – the necessary foundation and skills for the changing world.
The University is housed in a hillside and waterfront complex overlooking the Clear Water Bay peninsula, less than 30 minutes' driving time from Central Hong Kong.
To advance learning and knowledge through teaching and research
To be a leading university with significant international impact and strong local commitment
- Excellence, Integrity and Academic Freedom
- Global Vision and Local Commitment
- Can-do Spirit
- Inclusiveness, Diversity and Respect
SCHOOLS & PROGRAMS OFFICES
- School of Science
- School of Engineering
- School of Business and Management
- School of Humanities and Social Science
- HKUST Fok Ying Tung Graduate School/ HKUST Fok Ying Tung Research Institute
- Interdisiplinary Programs Office
- HKUST Jockey Club Institute for Advanced Study
- HKUST Institute for Public PolicySee more