The Company was established for an indefinite duration. The Company is a specialised credit institution, operating as the general legal successor of Magyar Befektetési és Fejlesztési Bank Rt. (Hungarian Bank for Investment and Development Ltd.). The Company is a public company.
The object of the Company is to secure and participate in securing the development funds necessary to achieve the economic development objectives determined by the medium and long term economic strategy of the Government.
The objective of the Bank is to enhance investments and development, to bridge gaps in infrastructure, to encourage the expansion of Hungarian businesses, primarily that of the SME sector both in Hungary and abroad, to stimulate technological and environmental development, energy efficiency and employment and by doing so to actively contribute to the enhancement of Hungary's competitiveness in the international context.
The Company may only carry out business activities which are directly related to its tasks. In this context, the Company may provide the following financial services:
- collection of deposits and other repayable funds exclusively from legal entities,
- providing credits and money loans;
- financial leasing;
- directly linked to its tasks
- providing payment services – with the exception of keeping current accounts – exclusively for legal entities, sole proprietors and private entrepreneurs;
- granting suretyship, guarantees and other banker’s commitments;
- providing credit references;
- custody service, safe deposit service;
- mediation of financial services.