HYDROCONSEIL is a consulting firm that specialises in improving essential public services for low-income populations in developing and emerging countries. They focus on the following key sectors: water resources, water supply, energy and sanitation.
HYDROCONSEIL was set up by a group of experts who have devoted their careers to supporting development in the global South. They created HYDROCONSEIL to combine their commitment to harmonious and sustainable development with the efficiency, responsiveness and independence that only a small to medium-sized consulting firm can provide.
Using their extensive experience, they provide their public and private international clients with expertise on the technical, institutional and financial aspects of implementing public service improvement projects. HYDROCONSEIL’s specialists are committed to ensuring that the expertise they provide directly or indirectly helps improve services for users, particularly the poor. Their clients choose them for the quality of their work, their respect for their environment, their focus on knowledge-sharing and their moral integrity.
By 2020, their aim at HYDROCONSEIL is to:
- maintain double-digit growth;
- continue to innovate to meet their clients’ evolving needs;
- diversify their activities and the areas in which they work.
Over the last 20 years, HYDROCONSEIL has developed expertise in the following areas:
- Design of water supply and sanitation projects in rural or urban areas
- Works control and project evaluation for water and sanitation facilities (wells, water tanks, treatment plants, networks).
- Design and implementation of Public-Private Partnerships in the water and sanitation sector.
- Promotion and support of local entrepreneurs in the water and sanitation sector (contractors, WSS service providers, etc.) under various contractual arrangements.
- Design of institutional reforms and preparation of policy guidelines for the water and sanitation sector (public body restructuring, private sector participation enhancement).
- Capacity building of national governments for the management of public utilities (water supply, electricity, liquid and solid waste, sanitation).
- Water resources prospecting, assessment and development
- Drafting of Terms of Reference (ToR) and Quality control of the services provided by national consultantsSee more