Ideosource is a venture capital firm dedicated on making investment in early-stage to later-stage. From the infancy of Indonesia’s internet economy in 2011, Ideosource has ignited the local Internet ecosystem. Their approach combines a bottom-up investment selection process with a top-down view of the economy.
Their team finds 3 key Investment Themes that will drive Ideosource investment strategies.
- For early stage companies, they are looking an innovative, unique and new solutions to local problems and has potential for application in other regions with strong and insightful founders.
- They are also looking companies that disrupt the offline market to become online.
- For a late stage investment, they are looking to the Number 1 in category, unbeatable traction and ability to attract follow on investments.
With the Ideosource current’s portfolio and networks, Ideosource has proven to be valuable for the entrepreneurs when it comes to business development, marketing and brand building, access to talents, fundraising network and financial/accounting support.
Their passion is working alongside entrepreneurs to give birth to new technologies and insights to become industry-leading companies. They invest in companies across Asia-Pacific especially Indonesia. Their startup founders are idealistic yet grounded, visionary yet execution oriented, charted into new technology yet insightful to the customers and consumers they served.
What They Believe
They believe great companies are made by giving trust and empower exceptional founders with unique insight as they take the seed of promise and growth it into amazing enduring companies.
The 5 most critical factors that dictate company scalability are:
- Founders are the most important in startups. They make the decisions, set the vision and inspire people to work harder for a group’s goals. It can be a single founder or team that complement each other.
- Access to Capital will give a chance to grow very fast and create a defensible position towards the business. So the ability for a founder to do a fundraise is almost as important as the quality of the idea itself.
- Hiring the Best people is more critical than ever. Education will filter out profile and shape the mindset, the company they worked will shape people’s skill set and network.
- Having a technology that your competitors cannot replicate is the most effective way to build a defensible business. It is expensive & time-consuming. Most startups don’t have a technology differentiator in the beginning. It needs tech know-how from founders and/or huge amounts of investment pumped in for periods of time.
- Analytical Mindset in scalable startup is started by selecting a diverse group who are analytical and creative in equal measures and have networks that are as broad and as deep as their skill sets. This analytical function needs to be incorporate as part of the organisation.