India Diabetes Research Foundation (IDRF) is a pioneer research institution established by Prof. A. Ramachandran in 2007 and is involved in multifarious research activities in diabetes health care and in diabetes education, imparting knowledge to students and the general public. The research publications of the IDRF and its impacts have been acknowledged internationally and have put India in the world map of diabetes research especially in the field of epidemiology (population studies) and primary prevention of diabetes.
To improve the quality of diabetes health care provided in India and other developing countries, IDRF has been established with the following objectives.
1. To carry out basic and applied research in Diabetes.
2. To establish, provide, maintain and conduct or assist research laboratories and institutions for scientific research in Diabetes.
3. To disseminate of the research findings by publications for the health care providers and lay public.
4. To train health care providers including doctors and other diabetes health care providers to improve the quality of diabetes health care in India and other developing countries.
5. To promote, develop and improve scientific exchange of knowledge as well as technical co-operation between similar research institutions..
6. To conduct conferences, refresher courses, lectures, seminars, demonstrations and exhibitions on diabetes health care.
7. To associate and collaborate with international and national research institutions, to promote diabetes research.
8. To provide, award, institute fellowship or scholarships, stipends, remuneration and/or other similar payments to students and research scholars to facilitate their undertaking scientific research in the areas of concerned interest to the Society.
9. To promote and participate in global and national diabetes health care in initiatives.
10. To be an apex institution is providing and evidence based solutions to the health policy makers and health administrators in formulating and implementing diabetes health care delivery systems.
Where is India Diabetes Research Foundation (IDRF)