Indonesian Society of Endocrinology (PERKENI)
The Indonesian Society for Endocrinology (Perkumpulan Endokrinologi Indonesia or PERKENI) is a national organization in Indonesia with members consisting of endocrinology consultants and doctors with other specialties interested in the field of endocrinology. This organization had been established since 1978. PERKENI has 14 branches throughout Indonesia, which are Medan, Padang, Palembang, Bandung, Jakarta, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Surabaya, Bali, Makassar, Manado dan Banjarmasin. PERKENI headquarters is currently located in Jakarta, at the Division of Metabolism and Endocrinology at the University of Indonesia.
The goals of establishing the Perkeni organization are:
- Collect and strengthen relationships between endocrinologist enthusiasts throughout Indonesia.
- Fostering unity and awareness to develop progress and nurture the welfare of the nation in particular and humanity in general.
- Establish and maintain relationships with domestic experts and overseas endocrine associations.
Activities that have been implemented include:
- Scientific meetings at home and abroad.
- Scientific research and publication in national and international medical journals.
- Establish collaboration with international endocrinology associations in scientific and research meetings.
- Cooperate with other associations engaged in diabetes such as the Indonesian Diabetes Association (PERSADIA) and the Association of Indonesian Diabetes Education (PEDI).
- Creation of national consensus books.
- Training in endocrinology for doctors and paramedics.
Become a leading Endocrinology association in Asia Pacific level.
- Improve the quality of medical science and health services in the field of Endocrinology that can compete in and outside the country
- Increase the quantity and quality of research and services in the field of Endocrinology
- Collecting and strengthening cooperation in the field of science, especially in the field of Endocrinology among the interested and experts throughout Indonesia
- Enhance cooperation in research and service with Endocrinology centers abroad
- Provide support to members in the development of science and skills in the field of EndocrinologySee more