International Association of Water Service Companies in the Danube River Catchment Area (IAWD)
THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WATER SUPPLY COMPANIES IN THE DANUBE RIVER CATCHMENT AREA (IAWD)
is an association of utilities and other stakeholders working in the sector in the Danube region, which is the source for the water supply of over 80 million people. IAWD´s mission is to assist utilities and their staff in their responsibility to provide a secured and well managed urban water cycle and to ensure their customers have access to water that is safe and free from hazards. For this, the water quality of the Danube and its tributaries needs to be protected for the present as well as for future generations.
IAWD fulfills this mission through
- the provision of the exchange of knowledge
- capacity building
- know-how and access to resources
- networks of support, all of which lead to improved utility performance.
- a platform to facilitate peer to peer communication among utilities and their staff
- a mechanisms for information and knowledge exchange between people involved in providing water and waste water services in the Danube region.
- capacity building actiities to strengthen utilities and the national water utility associations in the Danube regionSee more