Organization TypeDevelopment Consulting, Investment & Finance, Service Providers
The International Trade Centre (ITC) is the only development agency that is fully dedicated to supporting the internationalization of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
This means that the agency enables SMEs in developing and transition economies to become more competitive and connect to international markets for trade and investment, thus raising incomes and creating job opportunities, especially for women, young people, and poor communities.
Established in 1964, the International Trade Centre (ITC) is the joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the United Nations.
ITC's mission is to foster inclusive and sustainable economic development, and contribute to achieving the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development. ITC works towards creating ‘trade impact for good’.
• Strengthen the integration of the business sector of developing countries and economies in transition into the global economy
• Improve the performance of trade and investment support institutions for the benefit of SMEs
• Improve the international competitiveness of SMEs
ITC’s work also directly contributes to 10 of the Global Goals.
With support from funders and development partners, ITC works with policymakers, trade and investment support institutions (TISIs), exporters and other stakeholders in the public and private sectors to enable export success of SMEs in developing countries and transition economies.
ITC's six focus areas
ITC delivers integrated solutions around a core set of six focus areas. These focus areas represent a coherent set of interventions with corresponding programmes that are adapted and customized into client-focused solutions.
- Providing Trade and Market Intelligence
- Building a Conducive Business Environment
- Strengthening Trade and Investment Support Institutions
- Connecting to International Value Chains
- Promoting and Mainstreaming Inclusive and Green Trade
- Supporting Regional Economic Integration and South-South Links