Isfahan Endocrine and Metabolism Research Center (IEMRC), formerly named “Diabetes Training and Treatment Research Center” was established in 1992 under supervision of Vice-Chancellery for Research of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences and Health. After 3 years and in 1995, the center was officially approved by the Council for Development of Research Centers of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education (MOHME) under the title “Isfahan Endocrine and Metabolism Research Center”. In 2003, IEMRC was introduced among the distinguished research centers in the field of knowledge production by the MOHME, and was offered an independent annual research budget. Today, IEMRC is known as a growing research institution in Iran, with the vision of becoming a leading research center in the field of endocrinology and metabolism disorders at national, regional and international levels.
As a pioneer medical research center in the I.R.Iran, Isfahan Endocrine and Metabolism Research Center (I.E.M.R.C) attempts to be recognized as an authoritative regional and international research hub in the field of endocrinology, thorough designing and conducting research projects with the goal of elimination of community health problems related to endocrinology disorders.
With regard to the worldwide increasing prevalence of endocrinology-related disorders, and the inevitable role of research in presenting efficient clues to the problems related to prevention, management and treatment of these disorders, Isfahan Endocrine and Metabolism Research Center is dedicated to fulfil following missions with respect to the known international medical ethics rules:
1. Performing basic, epidemiological and clinical medical researches including clinical trials with the goal of prevention and treatment of metabolic and endocrine disorders.
2. Expansion and use of human knowledge in the field of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of endocrine and metabolism disorders.
3. Improvement of the basis of the national health and treatment services, to meet the needs of the society, through carrying out basic, epidemiological and clinical research, especially clinical trials
4. Collection and organization of the related data, documents, articles and certificates in the field of endocrinology to improve and facilitate the community health-related research projects.
5. Manpower training for research in the field of endocrinology.
6. Collaboration with other organizations and research centers at national, regional and international levels.
Where is Isfahan Endocrine and Metabolism Research Centre (IEMRC)