Ivano-Frankivsk City Administration (Ukraine)
Ivano-Frankivsk - eastern Carpathian’s "gate" - lies south west of Ukraine at a distance of 150-300 km from the borders of Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia.
Ivano-Frankivsk - a city of regional significance, administrative, economic and cultural center of the Precarpathian region.
The area of the city - 83.73 sq.km. Population - 241.1 thousand people.The city linked network of road and rail routes from Europe and the CIS.
The InternationalAirport "Ivano-Frankivsk” provides maintenance of aircraft of all types and has a capacity of 400 passengers per hour. It is open new seasonal tourist flights to Montenegro, Turkey, Italy.
Distances from Ivano-Frankivsk to the borders:
- Romania (Custom's Link "Porubne) - 180 km,
- Poland (Custom's Link "Mostyska) - 200 km,
- Slovakia (Custom's Link "Uzhhorod") - 300 km,
- Hungary (Custom's Link "Chop") - 320 km.
As for 2010 the city of Ivano-Frankivsk has documented twinning links with 21 local government abroad, including the city of Baia Mare (Romania), city of Rzeszow (Poland), city of Chrzanów (Poland), city of Zielona Góra (Poland), city of Serpuhov (Russian Federation), city of Rybnik (Woewódtztwo Śląskie, Poland), city of Oradea (Romania), city of Surgut (Russia), city of Tomaszów Mazowiecki (Poland),city of Brest (Belarus),city of Nyiregyháza (Hungary), city of Opole (Poland), city of Targoviste (Romania), Urząd Dzielnicy Ochota m. st. Warszawy(Poland), city of Trakai (Lithuania), city of Jelgava (Latvija), city of Swidnica (Poland), city of Lublin (Poland), city of Koszalin (Poland), Powiat nowosolski (Poland), city of Prérov (Czech Republic).
- City of Ivano-Frankivsk is a member of the Association of Ukraine which maintains close links with the Council of Europe of the Regions, the International Union of Commons and the twin cities.
- According to the Olbarhska Charter our city is a member of the network of cities for sustainable development of Ukraine, works closely with many cities of the European Union.
- Ivano-Frankivsk is a member of the International Forum of the historical centers which includes 25 European cities.
- Member of the Association of sister cities with headquarters in Baia Mare (Romania).
- City of Ivano-Frankivsk - the first city in Ukraine which became a member of the Association of European Municipalities "Energie-cites" (EnergyCity).
- Ivano-Frankivsk was one of three Ukrainian cities awarded with such honorary reawards as: the European Diploma and Honorary flag of the Council of Europe. Submitted documents to obtain the highest award PACE European prize.See more