Association IZBOR have a leadership role in the region and beyond. IZBOR is the only organization which in her existence create all the necessary programs for target groups covering.
Association IZBOR operates through the implementation of several programs::
1. Preventive programs
– Continuous education to raise awareness among the general population in order to prevent drug use,
– Training for anti-stigma programs
– Identification of high risk groups,
– Develop curricula for HIV prevention, abuse of drugs, alcohol and other psychoactive substances and their implementation in primary and secondary education as part of broader health educational activities in schools.
2. Program for harm reduction
– Access to sterile equipment (needles and syringes), disinfectants assets, preservatives for intravenous drug users,
– An anonymous voluntary testing for HIV, Hep. B, Hep. C., for intravenous drug users,
– Continuous actions to remove used needles and syringes and their safe storage,
– Diagnosis, intervention and counseling by a physician and referral to appropriate medical institutions
– Advisory and counseling by a social worker to exercise the right for health care and social assistance.
3. Program for sex workers
– Education for prevention of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections
– Fieldwork among sex workers
4. Program for acceptance, treatment and healing
Supstitutional therapy is provided under the medical supervision of people who use opiates. Replacement opiates may be methadone, buprenorphine, codeine, LAAM and tincture of opium and heroin programs. For now in our practice as substitutes used methadone and buprenorphine.
5. Program for Rehabilitation, Resocialization and Reintegration
POKROV therapeutic community was established because of the enormous need for such an institution in our country and the wider region. The target group are people who have problems because of drug, alcohol hazard abuse.
6. Program for free legal assistance
The program consists of informing, advising and representing individuals whose human rights have been violated in police procedure.See more