Historically, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has taken on a pioneering humanitarian role in serving the international community around the world. The Kingdom realizes the significance of this role in alleviating human suffering and ensuring that all people are given the opportunity to live healthy, dignified lives. To further emphasize their dedication to the service of all in need, the leadership of Saudi Arabia established King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Centre. The purpose of this important international organization is to provide humanitarian aid and relief to those in need outside of the Kingdom’s borders. The activities of the center were inaugurated in May of 2015 under the high patronage and guidance of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, may God support him.
The center’s activities are founded upon noble fundamental humanitarian goals and principles. Elements needed to carry out our programs include the detailed monitoring of all aid, the highly coordinated and advanced transportation of aid through highly trusted UN agencies and local and international non-profit organizations in the recipient countries.
Programs are chosen based upon the eligibility of targeted recipients in selected geographical areas. The aid includes all humanitarian and relief sectors (Relief Security, Camps Management, Shelter, Early Recovery, Protection, Education, Water and Sanitation, Nutrition, Health, Humanitarian and Emergency Relief Coordination, Logistics and Emergency Telecommunication.)
To become a leading center for relief and humanitarian activities and to transfer our values to the world.
Manage and coordinate relief activities on the international level to ensure the provision of external aid in line with national interests.
- Build KSrelief into an efficient, lean and agile organization.
- Build a team of high-performing, motivated and expert employees.
Humanitarian and Relief:
- Deliver KSA’s external humanitarian aid and relief.
- Develop strong partnerships with leading humanitarian organizations.
- Develop an effective process to respond to humanitarian crises quickly and effectively.
- Increase the impact of KSA’s aid and its sustainability through improved commissioning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Attract and train volunteers to contribute to humanitarian relief efforts.
- Establish efficient fundraising models.
- Build a strong network of supporters and donors.