Latin America Power (LAP) was born in early September 2011, as a power generation company aiming to improve the energy matrix for Chile and Peru using renewable sources, while maintaining close relationships with local communities, generating value for shareholders and protecting the environment. The new company brought together the companies BTG Pactual, Patria Investments and GMR who had already launched a similar project with success in Brazil, namely the Brazilian company ERSA/CPFL Renováveis.
Their commitment as a power generation company including support for the training of more affluent communities , with incentives for local cultural diversity and defense of social interests.
“LAP is committed with responsible development so its activities are based on an Integrated Management System (IMS), which addresses the areas of Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety. To do this, the company has various certifications”.
"To be agile in identifying opportunities and disciplined in the execution of projects, respecting all stakeholders and creating value for shareholders."
"Improve the energy matrix for Chile and Peru using renewable sources, while maintaining close relationships with local communities, generating value for our shareholders and protecting the environment".
At LAP their daily commitment captures the following dimensions:
- Financial development, generating results for our customers, shareholders, local communities and employees.
- Social development, creating direct and indirect job opportunities within local communities.
- Environmental responsibility, using natural resources carefully, using clean technologies and renewable resources, recovering environments, reducing waste and mitigating the effects of operations.
- Political participation, actively contributing to public policy that promotes sustainable development.
Sustainability at Latin America Power is divided into four key areas:
1. INVESTMENT IN RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS - LAP only participates in NCRE projects, as these use renewable resources for energy generation and has minimal social and environmental impacts
2. SOCIO-ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY - They respect the environmental laws in each country and we are actively involved in professional organizations with the aim of contributing to public policies that stimulate national growth and development.
3. STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP PROGRAMS - They are involved in various activities relating to environmental protection and sustainable development in local communities. They actively invest in educational, infrastructural, health and technical training programs.
4. RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY - They have established communication links with the main interest groups at all the local communities near their project sites, in order to understand their opinions and requirements, to publicize their projects and to build solid relationships.