Lebanese Democratic Women's Gathering (RDFL)
The Lebanese Democratic Women’s Gathering is a secular non-governmental women organization which works with the democratic forces and represents a part of the advocacy secular democratic women’s movement, on the basis of international pacts and treaties, as well as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Universal Declaration on the Elimination of Violence Against Women, in order to promote women’s status and participation and empower them, aiming at achieving full equality between both sexes.
1. Equality between woman and man ;
2. Lift all reservations on the International agreement for eliminating all forms of discrimination against woman;
3. Apply all international agreements to ensure equality between the two genders and in order to amend unfair clauses in penal code, labor, social security and Nationality laws;
4. Involve women in decision-making: within the family ,at work, in politics.
5. Protect and promote the culture of women’s rights within human rights;
6. Eliminate violence against women;
7. Network and coordinate with women and civil society forces to enhance democracy and equality.See more