Ministry of Agriculture (Dominican Republic)
The Ministry of Agriculture was established in the Constitution of February 25, 1854, calling itself the Secretary of State for the Interior, Police and Agriculture.
From 1854 to 2013, the Secretary of State for Agriculture has changed its name on 21 occasions.
On the other hand, in the period of time between 1844 and 1907, the Departments of Public Administration were called, interchangeably, Ministries or Secretaries of State, but from the Political Constitution of 1908 to 2010, they have been identified as Secretaries of State, with the exception of two brief periods in which they were called Ministries, in the years 1963 and in 1965-66; in the first case, during the Constitutional Government of Professor Juan Bosch, and in the second, in the Provisional Government, or the National Conciliation Government, chaired by Dr. Héctor García Godoy.
Since the Reform of the Constitution of the Dominican Republic in 2010 and according to (Decree No. 56-10 dated February 8, 2010, which entered into force in October 2011), it is called the Ministry of Agriculture.See more