Ministry of Health (Liberia)
The Ministry of Health is responsible for the:
- Formulation, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of Health Policies, Plan, and Standards.
- Deliver and Coordinate the Delivery of Decentralized Medical Care in Public Facilities.
- Develop Health Manpower.
- Undertake Preventive Services and Health Services, including Specific Health Interventions.
The mission of the Ministry of Health is to reform and manage the sector to effectively and efficiently deliver comprehensive, quality health services that are equitable, accessible and sustainable for all the people in Liberia.
A healthy population and social protection for all.
To improve the health status of the population of Liberia on an equitable basis.
Guiding principles and strategic approaches
- Health as a human right
- Equity with gender & poverty focus
- Quality of care
- Accountability and transparency
- Primary health care
- PartnershipsSee more