Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication (Pakistan)
To create an enabling environment through formulation and implementation of policies and legal framework; providing ICT infrastructure for enhancing productivity; facilitating good governance; improving delivery of public services and contributing towards the overall socio economic growth of the country.
Empowering the People of Pakistan through seamless access to accurate information and reliable services by means of ICT applications & Telecom platforms; and establishing a knowledge-based economy
SCHEDULE II [Rule 3 (3)] RULES OF BUSINESS 1973 (As amended up to 4th April, 2018)
1. Preparation of an overall integrated plan as well as formulation of policy for the development and improvement of Information Technology and Telecommunications, including related infrastructure, in Pakistan.
2. Co-ordination with the Provincial Governments, autonomous bodies, private sector, international organizations and foreign countries in respect of information technology and telecommunications.
3. Human resource development in the field of information technology and telecommunications.
4. Promotion of information technology applications.
5. Providing guidelines for the standardization of software for use within the Government.
6. Planning, policy making and legislation covering all aspects of telecommunications excluding radio and television and issuance of policy directives.
7. Matters relating to National Information Technology Board ( previously Pakistan Computer Bureau and the Electronic Government Directorate), Pakistan Software Export Board .
8. All matters relating to National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC), Telecommunications Foundation (TF), Special Communications Organization (SCO), Virtual University (V.U) and Electronic Certification Accreditation Council.
9. The administration of the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Ordinance 2007, and the rules made there under.
10. Safeguard interest of Government of Pakistan in entities having public shares or government equity like PTCL, USF Co & ICT R&D Co. 1
11 Federal Government functions in regard to Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and Frequency Allocation Board (FAB).See more