Ministry of Mines and Geology (Ministere des Mines etde la Geologie) (Central African Republic)
The Ministry of Mines and Geology has four sub-regulatory structures with management autonomy, in particular:
ORGEM: GEOLOGICAL RESEARCH AND MINING OFFICE
The Office of Geological Research and Mining, abbreviated "ORGEM" is a public office with management autonomy. It was created in 2009 by a law 09.005 of April 29 on the Mining Code of CAR and placed under the supervision of the Ministry in charge of Mines.
This Office is, moreover, governed by Law No. 08.011 of February 13, 2008, relating to the organization of the Institutional and Legal Framework applicable to Companies and Public Offices.
Improve geological knowledge and promote the development of geological and mineral resources of the Central African Republic.
As such, in the following fields, ORGEM is responsible for:
- Mineral resources: identify, organize and develop mineral resources;
- Mapping : establish, update the geological and mining map and carry out geological surveys;
- Road infrastructure and building materials : provide technical assistance for geological, physicochemical and geotechnical studies of structures or buildings;
- Partnership and Technical Cooperation : Develop the partnership link with organizations, public or private establishments, companies or natural persons interested in the exploitation of deposits for which the feasibility has been recognized and in accordance with the interests of the country;
- Protection and preservation of the environment : promote and implement an environmental policy in the field of hydrology, hydrogeology and radiology, then research, develop and protect groundwater.
- Reception center : to facilitate research activities for mining companies, private or public establishments, groups, associations or individuals concerned or interested in the objectives of the Office.
COMIGEM: COUNTER OF GEMS AND PRECIOUS METALS
The Comptoir des Minéraux et Gemmes (COMIGEM), State Limited Company, placed under the supervision of the Ministry in charge of Mines, was created by Law N ° 09.005 of April 29, 2009 on the Mining Code of the Central African Republic. It has legal personality and enjoys financial autonomy.
Share capital : The Share Capital is made up of five thousand (5000) shares of ten thousand (10,000) CFA Francs, only from the Central African State, or fifty million (50,000,000) CFA Francs.
Missions : The COMIGEM company was created to generate substantial income for the benefit of the State, in compensation for the fiscal deficit due to the contraband and large-scale fraud on diamonds and gold in mining regions.
• Encourage and promote transactions on precious and semi-precious mineral substances;
• Buy or import stones, precious and semi-precious metals, and other mineral substances;
• Export precious stones and metals.
ANR: THE NATIONAL RADIATION PROTECTION AGENCY
CNDB: BANGUI NATIONAL DATA CENTER
The National Data Center of Bangui (CNDB) is a public scientific and technical office with legal personality and management autonomy. He has specialized expertise in techniques for verifying the application of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT or its acronym CTBT in English). Its functions include:
- receiving data and products from the International Data Center (CID) based in Vienna,
- processing data from the International Monitoring System (ISS) and other data, and
- providing technical advice to the national authority on which it depends.
The CNDB was created by Decree No. 10.216 of July 24, 2010 after the ratification of the CTBT by the Central African Republic on May 26, 2010 with the aim of contributing to the control of international security and peace.See more