Ministry of Treasury (Argentina)
They assist the President of the Argentine Republic and the Chief of Cabinet in all matters related to economic, budgetary and financial policy; in the administration of public finance; and in the economic, financial and fiscal relations with the Provinces and the City of Buenos Aires.
The mission of the Ministry of Treasury of the Argentine Republic is to assist the President of the Argentine Republic and the Chief of Cabinet, to the extent of its competence, in all matters related to economic, budgetary and financial policy; the administration of public finance; the economic, financial, and fiscal relations with the Provinces and the City of Buenos Aires; and the elaboration, proposal and execution of national policies regarding energy.
1. Executing plans, programs, and projects within its scope, designed according to the regulations provided for by the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE BRANCH.
2. Taking part in the execution and control of the General Expenses Budget and Calculation of National Administration Resources, as well as in expenditure levels and public income.
3. Taking part in the revenue and distribution of national income, according to the approved budget allocation by the HONORABLE CONGRESS OF THE ARGENTINE REPUBLIC and in its execution according to the guidelines established by the Chief of Cabinet under the supervision of the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE BRANCH.
4. Taking part in issues related to public accounting and in the auditing of the expenses and investments ordered on the Office of the Attorney General for the Argentine Republic.
5. Taking part in the elaboration, application, and control of tax and tariffs systems.
6. Taking part in issues related to the administration and liquidation of residuary assets, rights and liabilities of businesses or entities that had been privatized, dissolved or that had stopped its operations for any reason.
7. Taking part in all matters related to the budgetary normalization of the National Public Sector.
8. Taking part in the minting and money printing, stamps, seals, fiscal papers, other securities, and other official instruments of similar characteristics.
9. Taking part in legislation regarding National Administration debt balances.
10. Taking part in the macroeconomic programming for the short, medium, and long term and in the orientation of the resources according to the national policy from a regional perspective.
11. Participating in negotiations and amendments of the public works and services agreements under its scope.
12. Assessing the results of the national economic policy and the country’s economic development.
13. Participating in labor and tax policies related to production units under its scope.
14. Participating in the creation and administration of price-indicator regimes.
15. Taking part in monetary, financial, and exchange policies in accordance with the powers vested in the CENTRAL BANK OF THE ARGENTINE REPUBLIC.
16. Taking part in the preparation and follow-up of the financial needs of the Office of the Attorney General for the Argentine Republic.
17. Taking part in issues regarding public debt and credit.
18. Supervising and coordinating national official financial institutions activities.
19. Taking part in the administration of majority and minority holdings of the Government in companies or enterprises under its scope.
20. Taking part in the development of governmental enterprises and companies, autonomous entities, decentralized bodies, and special accounts and funds, whatever their nature may be, under its scope; regarding both action and budget plans and the intervention, foreclosure, winding up, privatization, merger, dissolution, or centralization of said entities, and deciding upon those entities outside the Ministry’s sphere of competence pursuant to the guidelines provided for by the Chief of Cabinet under the supervision of the NATIONAL EXECUTIVE BRANCH.
21. Participating, in coordination with the relevant areas of the OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF CABINET, in the design of a plan of public investment and in the analysis of the financial structure within the scope of its competence.
22. Taking part in the preparation, registration, follow-up, and evaluation of the public investment projects executed through public-private partnership agreements under Argentine Law No. 27328.
23. Taking part in the capital markets regime.
24. Taking part in insurance and reinsurance schemes.
25. Taking part in the authorization of internal and external credit operations of the national public sector, including decentralized bodies and public sector companies, public loans granted by the National Government, and other secured and unsecured debts, as well as taking part in the financial operations of the same sort to be executed to meet the needs of the Provincial and local sectors and of the CITY OF BUENOS AIRES, when it comes to preserving the National public credit.
26. Taking part in international negotiations of an economic, monetary, and financial nature, and in financing requirements and other relations with international monetary and financial organizations.
27. Intervening in the relations with the international economic organizations.
28. Supervising the elaboration and execution of national energy policies, fuel regime, tariff structure and the relevant technological research and development.See more