Moorfields Eye Charity
Every 15 minutes, someone in the UK starts to lose their sight.
At Moorfields Eye Charity, they believe that they can help bring new treatments to patients with eye diseases faster than ever before. By raising funds for the crucial research, education and patient care at Moorfields Eye Hospital and its academic partner, the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, they are able to help ensure that they remain at the forefront of ophthalmic care and research.
Together, Moorfields Eye Hospital and the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology are the most productive academic partnership in ophthalmology. This means that they produce more research than any other eye hospital in the world.
Moorfields Eye Charity is the main fundraising and grant-making charity for Moorfields Eye Hospital and the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology. They provide targeted funds, above and beyond the responsibility of the NHS, to research cures and find treatments for their patients and millions of people affected by eye disease in the UK and around the world. Through support from their donors, they are able to:
- Help Moorfields Eye Hospital provide the best possible care for its patients
- Invest in state-of-the-art equipment
- Educate the researchers and clinicians of tomorrow
- Fund research to find better and more effective treatments for blinding diseases
Their strategy outlines five main objectives which include ambitions to:
- Develop a new research, education and clinical care centre in the Kings Cross/St Pancras area by 2024 in partnership with Moorfields Eye Hospital and UCL.
- Be the leading charity for research into eye health.
- Help Moorfields deliver outstanding patient care/experience.
- Encourage and share knowledge to develop tomorrow’s experts.
- Influence national policy to increase resources allocated to eye health.See more