The MWI combines learning, networking, and coaching to compliment a real, in-the-field Experteering experience to stand out from the crowd to earn - or create - the dream job.
The MovingWorlds Institute (MWI) is led by a team of experienced practitioners and academics that will teach critical skills in design-thinking and shared-value, while developing cross-cultural collaboration and global leadership competencies.
- In-person Cohort Building - With personal and professional development. Meeting with cohort members from around the world to explore personal and professional drivers, develop skills in design thinking and social entrepreneurship, and build personal learning plan.
- Put Design Thinking Into Practice - While Building Leadership Skills. Just like MBA programs use case-studies to build business leaders, they use case-based curriculum to move from theory to practice in Human-centered Design Thinking and Shared Value. Lessons are delivered through virtual calls, monthly Q&A with industry leaders, cohort-based homework, ongoing Slack chats, and an in-person, 3-day immersive. Then go into the field to put HCD into practice.
- High Impact Placements - With Innovative Organizations Around the World. As part of the MovingWorlds Institute, get premium-plus support from the MovingWorlds team – normally only reserved for their corporate clients. They’ll work with the client, one on one, to find a project with an inspiring social enterprise from their global partnership network that builds on the skills the client have and stretches to grow.
- Cohort-Based Learning - Build a Global Network. If accepted, the client will join other inspiring and motivated professionals from around the world that are looking to build their design thinking skills and global experience. While each engage with their own Experteering experience, the client will be working on it at the same time as other cohort members so they can support each other and grow together along the way. They will also get connected to the MovingWorlds alumni community for connections to social enterprises, impact investors, and changemakers around the world.
- Personal Capstone Project - To Help Standout. After the field experience, highlight the impact made and skills gained in a capstone presentation and article. Peers and MWI staff will help turn it into a case-study worthy piece of content that can be used in interviews to stand out.
- Cultural Agility & Leadership Development - To Help Work More Effectively with Other Cultures and Prepare for Global Leadership. Through their partnership with Aperian Global®, Experteers will have access to GlobeSmart®, an online resource designed to help become more effective in a cross-cultural work environment. They will learn about their own unique work-style, identify potential challenges between styles most often found in the country they are Experteering in and get advice and concrete strategies to pave the way for success throughout the program and beyond.
- Personal Checklist & Guides - For Self-Paced Learning and Reflection. Their personal learning workbooks and guides help them make the most of in-person training, field-experience, return-home reflection, and mentor arrangement. Customized for them and their schedule, it will guide them through the Fellowship experience in a way that works best for them and whatever their schedule may be.
- Senior Level Exposure - To Develop Insider Connections and Unparalleled Insights. In addition to prominent guest speakers, they will connect with a mission-aligned mentor that will assist in making a bigger impact in the field, and help guide through personal career transformation.
- Career, Resume, & Interview Coaching - To Help Standout and Earn Impact Career. The institute will culminate in a team-based career discovery program led by an established career coach, who will provide personalized resume guidance. The program will also include career transition guidance from leaders at companies like PWC, Amazon, Gates Foundation and more.
- Identify The Purpose Patterns - For Long-term Career Satisfaction and Impact. Through their strategic partnership with Imperative, each participant will have their Individual Purpose Diagnostic taken and assessed for them - a tool only reserved for qualified companies and teams.