National Agency for the Identification of Persons (Agence Nationale d’Identification des Personnes) (ANIP) (Benin)
The National Agency for the Identification of Persons (ANIP) is created by Law No. 2017-08 of June 19, 2017 relating to the identification of natural persons in the Republic of Benin. It is placed under the tutelage of the President of the Republic.
Mission and Attribution
The general mission of the ANIP consists in modernizing the process of identification of people on the national territory. The objective is to produce integrated documents and systems relating to identity.
The National Agency for the Identification of Persons (ANIP) is responsible for:
- all operations relating to the technical design and implementation of the national register of natural persons
- all operations relating to the design and implementation of municipal registers of natural persons
- determination, allocation and retention of the Personal Identification Number (NPI)
- technical assistance to all structures and persons having the right of access or use of the National Register of natural persons, in accordance with the provisions of the law
- authentication, retention and protection of identification dataSee more