National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC)
Their vision is of a society in which every adult survivor of childhood abuse in the UK can access the support they need, when they need it.
They believe that any abuse of children – whether physical, sexual, emotional or neglect – is damaging and wrong.
They know that abuse in childhood can cause continuing harm to people as they grow up. The abuse they suffered years or even decades ago is damaging the lives of millions of adults today.
They believe that every individual has the right to leave the impact of childhood abuse behind, grow as a person and enjoy a happy and fulfilled adult life.
They know that survivors of childhood abuse can be empowered and supported to do just that: there are proven ways in which we and others can help them.
- Providing a range of services which offer direct support to survivors
- Ensuring that survivors know where they can go for help
- Spreading best practice in the support of survivors among those who they may approach for help
- Working with others to increase the provision and effectiveness of support for survivors
- Standing up for survivors and representing their interests among those who are in a position to help improve their lives
Their vision is of a society in which every adult survivor of childhood abuse in the UK is able to access the support they need, when they need it, to make a journey of recovery and heal their emotional and psychological wounds.
What they do
The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) is the UK’s leading national charity offering support to adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect.See more