Network Activities Group (NAG) has implemented relief and recovery activities since 2008. NAG was created in response to Cyclone Nargis and was originally named Nargis Action Group. However, as a result of NAG's expanding programs, it was renamed to Network Activities Group and was registered under the Ministry of Home Affairs in late 2008. In fostering their vision "A society which is peaceful, prosperous and sustainably developed", NAG focuses on the Governance Approach. Accordingly, NAG has engaged stakeholders of all levels and in different arenas to promote interaction, good relations, and coordination and collaboration.
NAG facilitates and coordinates activities that create networks for development efforts, and works with partners to promote governance among relevant stakeholders at the national and sub-national levels. Currently, NAG is operating in Magway, Sagaing, Ayeyarwaddy, Shan, Kayin, Rakhine and Yangon. With its eleven field offices and over one hundred full time staff, NAG is one of the leading national NGOs with an excellent track record in mobilizing communities, supporting local governments, and facilitating relationships between the private sector and local producers.
- Established in 2008 with the name of Nargis Action Group (NAG)
- Sister Organization of Myanmar Egress
- After Nagis Emergency Period, NAG registered as Local NGOs with the name of Network Activities Group (NAG) with the aim of focusing on shaping good governance in Myanmar
- NAG is a non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicatedly working for the emergence of a society of Myanmar people which is sustainably developed and prosperous.
In so doing, the main approaches of NAG are building the capacity of the people and community-based and civil society organizations, creating economic opportunities, and promoting good governance in target issue areas.
By so doing, important decisions and effective implementations towards sustainable development of poor and vulnerable people are expected to be achieved.
- Their vision is a society which is peaceful, prosperous and sustainably developed
- Individual expertise and innovative ideas
- Individual rights, equity and fairness
- Head Quarter - Yangon, Myanmar
- Regions / Program - Hilly, Dry and Delta & Costal Region
- Coverage Villages - 260-300 Villages
- Number of Staff - 120 ( the whole organization)
- Main Partner organizations - Oxfam, DCA, HAI, WFP, Trocare, Swiss Aid, Lift, NRC, HELVETAS, FSWG, Wetland Alliances
Where is Network Activities Group (NAG)