North Somerset Council
A great place to live where people, businesses and communities flourish.
Modern, efficient services and a strong voice for North Somerset.
Being a great place means ensuring three outcomes for the people of North Somerset:
- prosperity and opportunity
- health and wellbeing
- quality places.
They also have four ambitions for the council as an organisation. These are ‘enablers’ which cut across all aspects of the council’s work and which they will need to have in place to deliver on their vision and ambitions for the area:
- a transformed council
- modern, innovative and accessible
- skilled and motivated staff, passionate about making North Somerset even better
- excellence in resource management
- strong, outcomes focussed partnerships.
How they do things is just as important as what they do, so they also have an agreed set of behaviours for everyone who works here:
- being advocates for change and innovation
- working well together
- putting customers first
- getting things done
- acting with integrity and behaving responsibly
- demonstrating strong leadership.