NV Energiebedrijven Suriname (EBS) Your Reliable Development Partner, is an energy production, transmission and distribution company, which also distributes propane gas through its subsidiary OGANE. The company is 100% owned by the State of Suriname. The current Board of Directors consists of a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Technical Officer. The EBS employs more than 1,300 employees and 270 contractors. The current number of electricity connections is 148,000 nationwide. The EBS has generation plants on the Saramaccastraat, Clarapolder, Apoera, Wageningen, Moengo, Albina and Coronie.
They will lead the industry by inspiring their people and creating added value for their consumers, the environment and the shareholders by:
- Provide the community with reliable, cost-effective electricity
- Demonstrate environmental concerns through efficient use of resources in generating and distributing energy
- Benefits from existing and new possibilities in the field of electrical energy
- Being committed to 'First-class customer service', ensuring a good balance between profit-making and affordability
- To be innovative and to incorporate industry's best practices
- To be an exemplary employer, and to cherish best performance, striving for the highest level of safety in the workplace and satisfaction
By operating as a reliable development partner, they are the leading energy company in Suriname and the Caribbean.