The National Office of Electricity and Drinking Water (ONEE) is the pillar of the energy strategy and arm of the State in the sector of water and sanitation in Morocco. Since the mid-1990s, the Agency has been on all fronts: generalization of access to electricity and drinking water, sewage treatment and liquid sanitation service development, modernization and expansion of networks of production, marketing and distribution of electrical and hydraulic resources, fight against waste and implementation of new instruments and techniques for saving water and electricity ...
ONEE, created in 2012 by the National Office of Electricity (ONE) created in 1963 and the National Office of Drinking Water (ONEP) created in 1972, is fully involved in major structuring projects for Morocco, providing it with infrastructure for the production, transmission and distribution of electricity and water, as well as the purification of wastewater, which is essential for the country's sustainable development.
In the field of water, as a guarantor of the continuity of the country's drinking water supply as well as a key player in liquid sanitation, ONEE has adopted a strategy focused particularly on securing supply of the country in drinking water under the best conditions of cost and quality of service, the diversification of the sources of production, the control of the demand, the generalized access to the services of the drinking water, the active intervention in liquid sanitation and the preservation of the environment.
- Drinking water supply in the Kingdom
- Programming investments in drinking water and liquid sanitation
Study and equipment
- Drinking water and liquid sanitation projects - Procurement and monitoring of project implementation
- Management on behalf of municipalities
- Drinking water service - Liquid sanitation service in cities where it distributes drinking water
- Produced and distributed water - Water that can be used for drinking water
Their Strategic Axes:
In order to support the socio-economic development of the Kingdom and contribute to the preservation of the environment in general and water resources in particular, the Office has adopted a strategy based on the 4 following areas:
- Sustainability, security and strengthening of existing drinking water supply facilities;
- Improved technical performance;
- Generalization of access to drinking water in rural areas in accordance with the principle of "the right to water for all" ;
- Active intervention in the field of liquid sanitation and preservation of the environment.
Their approach :
- Ensure a technological watch
- Integrate the environment component
- Involve the citizen in the economy and the protection of water resources
- A public company with high expertise,
- A competent staff
- National and international partnerships in expertise and R & D