Office Régional de Mise en Valeur Agricole du Haouz (ORMVA Haouz)
The ORMVAH is a public establishment of agricultural development of the plain of Haouz, created by the royal decree N ° 831-66 of October 22nd, 1966, the ORMVAH is a public establishment endowed with the civil personality and the financial autonomy.
It is under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture and Maritime Fisheries.
- Realization of studies and execution of hydro-agricultural equipment and agricultural development.
- Management of hydro-agricultural equipment and water resources for agricultural use.
- Popularization of cultural techniques and professional training.
- Development of plant and animal production.
- Promotion of agro-industry.
The area of action of the Regional Office of Agricultural Development of Haouz is limited to the East by Wadi el Abid, to the West by the N'Fis basin, to the South by the foothills of the High Atlas and to the north by the wadis of Tensift and Oum Rbiaa.
The area includes:
- The prefecture of Marrakech (8 rural communes): 134 000 ha;
- The province of Al Haouz (11 rural communes): 143 000 ha;
- The province of El Kelaa des Sraghna (38 rural communes): 342,875 ha;
- The province of Rhamna (4 rural communes): 43 125 ha.
The main monographic data of the ORMVAH area are:
- Total area: 663,000 ha;
- Useful Agricultural Area (UAA): 473 000 ha of which:
- Area equipped with large hydraulic: 144 600 Ha
- Small and medium hydraulic (PMH): 128 400 Ha
- Cattle: 154,000 head of which 99,000 are dairy cows
- Sheep: 818 000 heads
- Goats: 96,000 heads
- Surface water: - PDAIRE endowment: 945 Mm3
- Average grants awarded: 600 Mm3
- Groundwater: 376Mm3
- Average rainfall: 250 mm / yearSee more