Overseas Ministries Study Center (OMSC)
What they now call OMSC began in 1922 as the Houses of Fellowship. Founders Marguerite and Ida Doane (daughters of hymnwriter William Howard Doane) sought to provide a place for foreign missionaries on furlough to recover their health, and to have their spirits lifted through fellowship, before returning to their mission fields abroad.
They established a complex of missionary furlough apartments in Ventnor-by-the-Sea, Absecon Island, New Jersey, and housed nearly 3,400 adult missionaries in their first 25 years (in addition to another four thousand children, pastors, and other visitors). These early visitors represented 106 mission agencies and denominational boards, 97 fields, and 443 overseas stations. See more